Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Ten Sentences A Day Keep My Teacher Away: 1

Before I begin, I'd like to explain my idea. I enjoy writing stories and don't won't to overwhelm a reader with too many large chunks because this is a blog. Therefore, I will write a mere ten sentences in hopes they will catch someone's eye and improve my writing as a plus. All of these posts will be titled like this one. Thank you.

Inspector James was a reserved and accustomed man. He wasn't bright in his expression but in his spirit, really a creature of unrelenting habit. That is why the beetle frustrated him so. He couldn't crush the thing as he wanted to because it kept skittering out of his reach with it's irritatingly clicking legs. He'd chased it all about the table and never succeed in smashing it. Now, by what must have been a stinking combination of sheer luck and stupidity, the beetle was his presiding mayor, still ever a convict who shouldn't have the boots he must quiver in daily.

John Faust never saw himself as this beetle, instead deciding he was wrongly accused of his crimes. Day in and day out for years without rest, he'd fled James. His journey led him far, to the people of a town where his dead memories lay in a sorry, soggy grave. He'd escaped James for a good time, leaving his generosity and reform to brew in the townspeople long enough for them to call him mayor elect.

James smirked as he thought this: Wonderful. He's just stepped up to the plate for them and will have to return to his dung before I drop that very plate atop him.


No comments:

Post a Comment